Willson Contreras, from Puerto Cabello, Venezuela, is a professional baseball catcher for the Chicago Cubs. He made his MLB debut in June 2016 and participated in two All-Star games. Check Willson Contreras 10 Interesting Facts.
He also became a World Series champion in 2016 as a member of the Chicago Cubs. Willson played baseball, football, and basketball growing up alongside his brother, who now plays for the Atlanta Braves.
Contreras is excited to continue his work with the Special Olympics movement and intensify his work nationally and internationally, including in Illinois, Florida, and Latin America, especially Venezuela.
In recent years, he has been active with Special Olympics Illinois through the Windy City Rubber Ducky Derby as a program ambassador.
Willson Contreras Contract info :
ALSO CHECK: Juan Soto 10 Interesting Facts
Willson Contreras 10 Interesting Facts :
- Willson Contreras was born in Puerto Cabello, Carabobo, Venezuela and he is about 30 years old in 2022.
- Contreras’ younger brother, William Contreras, is a catcher for the Atlanta Braves.
- He has two siblings.
- He made his professional debut with the Dominican Summer League Cubs that year.
- Contreras signed with the Chicago Cubs as an international free agent in 2009.
- Batted .205 in 29 games at age 17. In 2010, he batted .313 with them in 17 games as an 18-year-old.
- He played with the Boise Hawks in 2011 and 2012.
- Contreras was ranked No. 57 on Baseball Prospectus’ Top 101 Prospects list prior to the 2016 season.
- He has a younger brother, William, and an older brother, Willmer. In his childhood, Willson and William played baseball using a crumpled paper ball in the street. When he was 16, he first joined a baseball academy in Venezuela run by the Chicago Cubs of Major League Baseball (MLB).
1 thought on “Willson Contreras 10 Interesting Facts you need to know here”